Monday, April 4, 2022

APRIL - Decluttering Your Life

Everyone thinks of April as the month that brings showers for May flowers. For me, April and springtime is the time to rid myself of all the stuff that I’ve accumulated over the last year and declutter the house.

 

There’s a saying: When things are adding up in your life—start subtracting.

 

But how to do it?

 

First, it’s not just moving things around or crating them up, using boxes and neat little containers. It’s not shifting one pile of things to the other side of the room.

 

If your goal is to get organized and create space, then your goal is to get rid of things. You need to ask yourself these questions:

     Do I really need it?

     Is it useful and functional?   

     Can I live without it/them? I say them, because we could be talking 

          about scarves, socks, shoes, pens and pencils, and those empty 

          Kool Whip containers you were going to find a use for.

      Are these things causing me stress?

      Will I enjoy the freedom of letting the object(s) go?

      Can I give things away or donate them?

There is one thing to remember when decluttering. Only attack one area, one spot in a room, or a few dresser drawers at one time. Otherwise, you can become overwhelmed and find yourself surrounded by chaos and lots of stuff…and stress.

 A Finnish proverb says Happiness is a place between too little and too much.

I hope you find your happy place!

                        Please see all my books on my Amazon Author Page



No comments:

Post a Comment